Sunday, April 19, 2020

Renowned South Florida artist Skip Hartzell creates unique art inspired by man's best friend

'Swimmer #2', Flashe on Canvas, 72 x 72 Inches

 

Canine charcoal drawings, oil paintings, works on paper and four-legged sculptures


South Florida artist Skip Hartzell creates large paintings, sculptures and drawings that capture the essence of “dog”, all of the work is rich with intricacies of color and technique. His painterly expression captures each dog’s own personality with beautiful textures, line and brush strokes using mixed media to bring each dog to life. He is best known for his unique sculptures recognized immediately by their distinct form and style that only Hartzell can produce.
 
'Big Pink’, Papercrete and Resin, 36 x 32 x 16 Inches


"Every morning before I go into my studio I walk with my dogs for about two hours. We don’t have a schedule, the length of the walk depends on how many rabbits, squirrels, new smells, and other treasures they dig up along the way. Making art for me is very much like walking my dogs. I go in to my studio and sniff around. I pick up a thing or two, decide if it has interest and I might work on it or maybe begin something brand new. Like my dogs I’m always excited and ready to see where the work will take me. My art is the stuff that I leave behind after hours in the studio." –Skip Hartzell

 
‘Toy Four’ (2018), Oil on Canvas, 60 x 48 Inches


“If you love dogs, you are going to love Skip Hartzell’s soulful pieces. His work is representative of caricature features of dogs,” said J. Marshall Adams, the executive director of the A. E. Backus Museum & Gallery in Historic Downtown Fort Pierce. The artist has held numerous solo exhibitions at notable art galleries and prestigious art fairs such as Art Palm BeachA.E. Backus Museum, ArtHouse 429, Paul Fisher GalleryAqua Art Fair during Art Basel Miami Beach and many more.
 
'Wall Dog, No.5', Papercrete and Resin, 8 x 12 Inches


Hartzell is a longtime supporter of no-kill animal rescues and donates proceeds from the sale of his artworks to animal-rescue, no kill shelters. For sales info, private commissions, general inquiries or exhibition updates, email: skipperhartzell@yahoo.com / visit www.skiphartzell.com

No comments:

Post a Comment