From May 17th to May 22nd Hours: from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm
3072 SW 38th Ave. Miami, FL 33146
Painter, muralist, sculptor, printmaker, graphic designer, and illustrator. He studied between 1941 and 1946 at the Cristóbal Rojas School of Fine and Applied Arts of Caracas. He traveled to Paris in 1947 when he won the first National Arts Award for young artists. A year later he participated in Caracas in the founding of the Taller Libre de Arte. He returned to Paris in 1950 taking part in the group Los Disidentes. Back in Caracas in 1952, he founded, together with sculptor Carlos González Bogen, the Cuatro Muros Gallery, organizing the ”Primera exposición Internacional de Arte Abstracto” in the country. Among other awards, he received prestigious ones like the John Boulton Award in 1950 and the Federico Brandt Award in 1953, both granted by the Salón Oficial.