Tuesday, February 25, 2020

The Meditative Art Practice of Abstract Artist Rebecca Bond

Houston-based artist Rebecca Bond creates stunning abstract paintings inspired by her spirituality and practicing daily meditation, which acts as a conduit for her self-expression.

'Paradise', Mixed Media, 30" x 30" on Gallery Wrapped Canvas

“It creates a safe space to explore your creativity. When I close my eyes and settle my mind, I am presented with so many ideas, and the colors are so vibrant and alive. When I finish, I’m compelled to put what I experience onto canvas. Everything I do, I want to reflect my deep devotion of Eastern philosophy and meditation,” explained Bond.

‘La Fortuna’ (The Fortunate), 48 x 24 Inches, Mixed Media on Canvas

Abstract artist Rebecca Bond exhibits her work in galleries and art shows throughout the Houston area and South Florida. She was recently a featured artist in the Reverie Art Show Great Gatsby Gala which took place on Sunday, February 23rd at Chapman & Kirby in Houston, Texas. This incredible show supported the Peace of Mind Foundation


Reverie Art Show is a local art show in Houston supporting local artists and organizations. Their mission is to give the best experience for both the artists and attendees. It will be a fun night with a variety of art, vendors, dancers and music.

‘Om’, Acrylic and Molding Paste on Canvas, 18 x 24 Inches

'Meditate and create' is her mantra. "It creates a safe space to explore your creativity. When I close my eyes and settle my mind, I am presented with so many ideas, and the colors are so vibrant and alive. When I finish, I'm compelled to put what I experience onto canvas. Everything I do, I want to reflect my deep devotion of Eastern philosophy and meditation," explained Bond. She is inspired from nature, her world travels and meditation.

'Rebirth - The Phoenix', Mixed Media on Canvas, 60" x 48"

Rebecca Bond has been creating art in some form since childhood. Pencil art was her original focus, producing works on paper, and she eventually began venturing out trying new mediums. Having dabbled in oil and watercolor, Rebecca began using acrylics and fell in love.

‘Purple 1’, Mixed Media on Canvas Board, 11 x 14 Inches

From her own words, "I love the flexibility of acrylics. You can work fast and move on to the next project fairly quickly." Rebecca is inspired by artists like Gustav Klimt, Monet, and Van Gogh. "Their work was so vibrant and alive. I feel like I may combine things from all three. Zao Wou-Ki, Georgia O'Keefe, Mark Rothko, Kandinsky are also all big influences."

'Tryst', Diptych, Mixed Media on Canvas, 32" x 20" 

To learn more about this fascinating artist, for sales, commissions, general inquires or future show information, email uncommonbondart@gmail.com and visit https://uncommonbondart.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment