Who Can Apply?South Florida, women visual & performance artists of all ages, especially those whose work is site-specific, interactive and includes audience participation, but it is NOT required. Artist must be serious about her craft!
Facts you need to consider before applying
SSF 2020 Theme: A Woman’s Right To Vote
“A Woman’s Right To Vote” – Selected featured artists may be commissioned to create NEW work and or may be teamed up with another featured artist to create NEW work. Collaboration and teamwork are required and of the upmost important quality to have as a selected featured artist.
Rehearsal & Performance Dates: March 18-22, 2020
Vendor’s Fee: None
Venue: Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County
Artist MUST Attend:
- An orientation meeting and and venue tour which will take place at the beginning of February 2020. Exact date and location TBA.
- All 3 events: SWAN Community Program, SWAN Spoken Soul Showcase and Vanessa Baez Memorial Women’s Brunch
- Any press interviews and/or picture opportunity set up by the marketing team
- Featured artists will be given a small budget (Amount TBA) to cover the production of their showing / performance.
- Featured artists must provide one (1) donated service or product for our yearlong donation and auction campaign (free of charge to SSF)
- Optional! Featured artists are asked to provide ten (10) original promotional items for SSF VIP – Media gift bags (allowed artist budget may be applied towards promo materials).
- Featured artists are required assist with SSF grassroots social media promotions for all events of the festival.
- Featured artists are required to provide a blog entry (slide show, video or written) for Spoken Soul Community Program about the year’s community service theme.
Featured artists are required to participate in Spoken Soul Community Program on March 20, 2020 Exact activity, locations and time TBA
Apply Now! If you face technical difficulties with your submission below email us at email@example.com. Please write SUBMISSION in the subject line. Application Deadline is January 30, 2020.